Krzysia Górniak presents a delicate and original character of jazz music creating illustrative and contemplative sound scapes full of emotions – musical pictures of memories caught in sounds.
QUARTET / trio
”Delicate and sophisticated smooth jazz meets the brisk of fusion. (…) music delivered by Krzysia Górniak and her band is a very rare phenomenon.”
– Adam Domagała (Jazz Forum, Poland)
Krzysia Górniak Quartet presents exceptionally delicate and original jazz. The band plays music full of emotions creating illustrative and contemplative sound scapes. Their newest material is truly about musical pictures of memories caught in sounds. Krzysia Gótniak leads the songs melodies with an electric or acoustic guitar creating a very special sound colour. Her delicacy and subtleness together with incredible guitar playing and amazing musicianship skills of rest of the group – Łukasz Makowski, Zdzisław Kalinowski, Grzegorz Grzyb make the Quartet an outstanding and unique band for both polish and international music scene. Krzysia Górniak – the leader of KGQ – is undoubtedly the most recognizable female jazz guitarist in Poland and an uncompromised, professional and fully devoted artist.
She has released seven albums. She has been the first female jazz guitarist in the history of The Frederic Chopin State School of Music in Warsaw. Throughout the years she has been consequently building her artistic independence struggling with the mainstream music scene pressure. She has only played music which has resonated with her aesthetic feeling. He is now a highly respected and established musician.
Pat Metheny has shared his opinion on the “Tales” album: „I have been listening to your CD – and you all sound really good on there! Nice blend between you and I think it is great that you seem to be working hard on trying to get your own group sound and concept happening!”
Krzysia Górniak Quartet presents in concerts the ”Moments” album and completely new compositions.
”Moments” is an album about memories, fragments of life caught in sounds. Part of the compositions was written for a quartet and some for a trio. The compositions dynamically evolve being led by beautiful melodies and embellished with virtuosic solo parts. It is highly illustrative music, filled with strong emotions, bringing the listeners into a contemplative state.
”I am mostly inspired by nature. The special feeling of peace and silence gives me contrasts with wild feelings and emotions underneath my skin. It’s something that cannot be said with words. That is why I use sounds to describe life. Composing music is a continuous process in which I follow my intuition. It’s about catching an idea and going after it.” – stated Krzysia about her newest album.
Besides recorded repertoire, the band plays new, not yet presented compositions, such as a song called ”Travels” which can only be heard during the live performance.
The concert of the group (quartet or trio) lasts about 90 minutes and can be divided into two or three sets. The band plays mostly in music venues, clubs but also at big festivals and concert scenes.
Some of the most important concerts and festivals played by KG and her band:
- 2017/10 – Jesienny Przeciąg Gitarowy w Słupsku
- 2017/01 – Studio Koncertowe Polskiego Radia im. Witolda Lutosławskiego w Warszawie
- 2016/11 – Filharmonia im. K.Namysłowskiego w Zamościu
- 2016 – Festiwal „Muzyka u Źródeł” w Bydgoszczy
- 2016/11 – Filharmonia Świętokrzyska w Kielcach
- 2016 – Jazz w Muzeum, Warka
- 2016 – Festiwal Dreszer Jazz
- 2015/10 – Polska Filharmonia Sinfonie Baltica w Słupsku
- 2015/02 – Polska Filharmonia Kameralna Sopot
- 2013 – IX Green Town Of Jazz 2013 w Zielonej Górze
- 2011 – 6 Śląski Jazz Festiwal Katowice
- 2010 – Bydgoskie Lato Artystyczne
- 2009 – Jazz Festiwal „Memorial To Miles Davis” w Kielcach
- 2009 – Jazz Festiwal „Jazzonalia”, Konin
- 2008 – Sopot Jazz Festiwal
- 2008 – Mazurska Fiesta Jazzowa
- 2008 – 13 Festival Hilldener Jazz Tage
- 2006 – IV Olsztyński Festival Jazzowy
- 2006 – Festiwal Jazz na Kresach w Zamościu
- 2006 – 13. Ogólnopolski Festiwal Sztuki Filmowej „Prowincjonalia”
- 2005 – IX festiwal Gitarzystów Jazzowych im. M. Bilińskiego
- 2005 – IV Podlasie Jazz Festiwal
- 2005 – X Jubileuszowy Letni Jazzowy Festiwal w Piwnicy Pod Baranami w Krakowie – „Cracjazz Festiwal”
- 2005 – Festiwal „Jazz na Kanapie” w Oleśnicy
- 2005 – Ladies’ Jazz Festival w Gdyni
- 2005 – Festiwal „Świętokrzyska Wiosna Jazzowa 2005” w Kielcach
- 2003 – XIX Międzynarodowe Głogowskie Spotkania Jazzowe
- 2002 – Festiwal Jazz Forum Magazine w Warszawie
- 2000 – Warsaw Summer Jazz Days