Jazz guitarist, composer, producer, aranger and philosopher.
As a jazz guitarist and composer, Krzysia Górniak has been an active musician since 1998. She has played many festivals and concerts in Poland and Europe.
Krzysia Górniak has released 7 albums which she has composed, arranged and produced: Tales (2002), Ultra (2004), Garden Of Love (2008) recorded with Szymon Pejski, Emotions (2009), Feelings (2012), Tribute To Nat King (2015) created with Maciej Miecznikowski and The Atom String Quartet and the newest album Moments (2016). Pat Metheny has described the „Tales” album as follows: I have been listening to your CD – and you all sound really good on there! Nice blend between you and I think it is great that you seem to be working hard on trying to get your own group sound and concept happening!
Cooperation with fellow musicians
Krzysia Górnika has cooperated with many famous musicians: Maciej Miecznikowski, Kuba Badach, Ewa Mikulska, Szymon Pejski, Wojciech Gogolewski, Andrzej Mikulski, Evangelos Tzimkas, Paweł Pańta, Krzysztof Ścierański, Wojtek Pilichowski, Michał Grott, Grzegorz Grzyb, Marcin Jahr and Adam Lewandowski. She has cooperated in the creation of such bands as Event Horizon Misc and Garden of Love.
Theatre, philharmony, orchestra
In 1995 Krzysia has cooperated with the Roma Music Theatre Orchestra (in Warsaw) and has performed over 100 shows with the Blue Castle play, directed by Jan Skotnicki. She is now taking part in many different projects and cooperates with symphonic orchestras and conductors. She has played with Polish Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra (in Sopot), conducted by Wojciech Rajski, Symphonic Orchestra of Świętokrzyska Philharmony (in Kielce), directed by Maciej Tarnowski, Karol Namysłowski Symphonic Orchestra conducted by Tadeusz Wicherek, Atoms String Quartet and Barock Quartet.
Music club, record company and radio
Besides art creation, Krzysia has opened a music club called Diuna Club(Warsaw), which she has been running from 2004 till 2009. She has also established a record label under the same name. The club was made to present young, talented artists and it happened to be one of the most interesting venues on the alternative music scene in Warsaw. From 2004 Krzysia is also a board member of Mazovian Cultural Foundation Diuna. Since April 2010 till December 2011 she has been working at the Polish National Radio as the director of the Recordings and Concerts Management. She has directed the Polish Radio Recording Studio, the W.Lutosławski Concert Studio and the A.Osiecka Musical Studio.
International Songwriting Competition
In 2005 the song Blue from the Ultra album headed to the finals of the International Songwriting Competition 2005. The jury was made of world-famous artists such as Tom Waits, Joss Stone, Sonny Rollins, Macy Gray, John Scofield and Steve Vai to name a few. From over 15’000 songs only 12 made to the finals.
MUSIC, ART, PHILOSOPHY
Krzysia Górniak has been educated in music schools of I and II degree. She has graduated from Fine Arts High School in Warsaw (Poland), getting an Exhibition Technician degree. She has also graduated from Jazz Guitar Faculty at The Frederic Chopin State School of Music in Warsaw (Poland). In 2000 she has received a Master’s degree in Philosophy at the Warsaw University, where she wrote her master’s thesis about John Cage. In 2003 she has gained a Jazz Guitar Master’s degree at the Universiti für Musik und Darstellende Kunst in Gratz (Austria). Currently, she has worked on her PhD degree at the Humanistic Faculty at the Music University in Warsaw (Poland).
Krzysia has participated in workshops and classes with artists such as Wayne Brasel, Wynton Marsalis, Mike Stern, Karl Ratzer, Susanne Weinert, John Abercrombie, Christian Rover, Garison Fewell, Bob Mintzer, Ron McClure, Billy Hart, Adam Nussbaum, Clarke Fischer.
festivals & concerts
- 2017/10 – Jesienny Przeciąg Jazzowy (Słupsk, Poland)
- 2017/01 – Studio Koncertowe Polskiego Radia im. Witolda Lutosławskiego (Warsaw, Poland)
- 2016/11 – Filharmonia im. K.Namysłowskiego (Zamość, Poland)
- 2016 – Festival Muzyka u Źródeł (Bydgoszcz, Poland)
- 2016/11 – Filharmonia Świętokrzyska ( Kielce, Poland)
- 2016 – Jazz in Muzeum, (Warka, Poland)
- 2016 – Festival Dreszer Jazz (Warszawa, Poland)
- 2015/10 – Polska Filharmonia Sinfonia Baltica (Słupsk, Poland)
- 2015/02 – Polska Filharmonia Kameralna (Sopot, Poland)
- 2013 – IX Green Town Of Jazz 2013 (Zielona Góra, Poland)
- 2011 – VI Śląski Jazz Festiwal (Katowice, Poland)
- 2010 – Bydgoskie Lato Artystyczne (Bydgoszcz, Poland)
- 2009 – Jazz Festival Memorial To Miles Davis (Kielce, Poland)
- 2009 – Jazz Festival Jazzonalia (Konin Poland)
- 2008 – Sopot Jazz Festival (Sopot, Poland)
- 2008 – Mazurska Fiesta Jazzowa (Giżycko, Poland)
- 2008 – XIII Festival Hilldener Jazztage (Hilden, Germany)
- 2006 – IV Olsztyński Festiwal Jazzowy (Olsztyn, Poland)
- 2006 – Festiwal Jazz na Kresach (Zamość, Poland)
- 2006 – XIII Polish Movie Festival Prowincjonalia (Warsaw)
- 2005 – IX festiwal Gitarzystów Jazzowych im. M. Bilińskiego
- 2005 – IV Podlasie Jazz Festiwal (Podlasie, Poland)
- 2005 – X Jubileuszowy Letni Jazzowy Festiwal w Piwnicy Pod Baranami w Krakowie – Cracjazz Festiwal (Kraków, Poland)
- 2005 – Festival Jazz na Kanapie (Oleśnica, Poland)
- 2005 – Ladies’ Jazz Festival (Gdynia, Poland)
- 2005 – Festival Świętokrzyska Wiosna Jazzowa (Kielce Poland)
- 2003 – XIX Międzynarodowe Głogowskie Spotkania Jazzowe
- 2002 – Festiwal Jazz Forum Magazine (Warszawa, Poland)
- 2000 – Warsaw Summer Jazz Days (Poland)
- 1999 – 3rd Jazz Festival Santorini (Santorini, Greece)